Life Insurance Policy is one of the biggest insurance companies in India. The company has been able to maintain its position for the past few decades. It provides life insurance, health insurance and several other benefits with the help of employees and agents. A LIC agent is the one who encourages the customer to purchase the policy. The company seek only four major qualities in the candidate Self-motivation, Smart communicator, Go-getter and Minimum qualification.
Insurance is a technical concept. Before venturing out to sell the policies, the agents need to have a thorough knowledge of the concept before landing to the field. These concepts are tested in an examination which is conducted by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to ensure that the agent license is given to individuals who understand how insurance works.
All the candidates above the age of 18 with minimum qualification of 10th pass, are eligible for the job. Candidates who are interested in taking the position have to follow the procedure mentioned below to know how to become lic agent:
- First, the candidate needs to contact the nearest LIC branch office and make an appointment to meet the Development Officer there.
- The branch manager will take an interview to analyse if the candidate is suitable for the job or not.
- The candidates who will qualify the interview round will be sent to training at the Divisional/Agency Training Centre.
- The training goes for 25 hours. During the training procedure, the trainers cover all the import aspect of Life Insurance Business.
- After the successful completion of training, the candidate needs to appear for Pre Recruitment examination conducted by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- The candidates who will successfully clear the exam will be provided with an appointment letter and Identity card that will allow them to work with the organisation as an agent officially.
- The Branch office will appoint you as an agent and put you in their teams under the guidance of a Development officer.
- The Development Officer will disseminate you the field training and other valuable inputs which will help you in the marketplace.
Before going for the training, the candidates should do self-evaluation to analyse whether they are fit for the job or doing it just for earning a fair amount. Here are a few considerations according to which the candidates should judge themselves. It is the most important part of the process:
Check your ability:
The candidates are able to do the job if-
- You like going out and meeting new people.
- You are ambitious about owning a business.
- You only want to see your clients as your boss.
- You want to decide how many hours you want to work.
LIC agents have a scope to have unlimited earning. The job provides them with a clear path where the agents just have to gain the customers. The company itself does all the promotional activities that are important in maintaining brand value. The agents not only earn by selling policies, but the company reward their sheer dedication and excellent performance. They will get benefit packages, continuous training, remarkable career and recognition. The company believes in choosing the best candidates for the job so that they continue to set higher standards of quality in service and salesmanship. To know more about the process you can visit https://www.mintpro.in/lic/how-to-become-an-lic-advisor/ .